Start a Ripple – Grow a Legacy
“Do what you can, with what you have, wherever you are”
The iconic Nelson Mandela Foundation has selected our ‘ChangeMakers Clanwilliam Legacy Garden’ as its Western Cape partner for Mandela Day 2022. Their theme is ‘Do what you can, with what you have, wherever you are’ encouraging active citizens and corporate citizens alike to Fund, Plant, Feed, Sustain.
The Clanwilliam ChangeMakers Legacy Garden is a clear beacon of hope, collaboration and cross-sectoral partnership,” says Sylvia Graham, Mandela Day Analyst. “We look forward to our journey with ChangemakersHUB and the community of rural Clanwilliam. The Nelson Mandela Foundation believes this garden will catalyse addressing the pressing challenge of food security while incorporating climate-smart solutions.
“Growing communities for sustainable solutions that empower”
The Clanwilliam ChangeMakers Legacy Garden has broken ground, created common ground and now we need to take the next steps as a training ground; ensuring access to communities in need.
Change is a full time job.
ChangeMakersHub has developed a purpose driven, impact accelerator; addressing world hunger and climate action within a sustainable formula. Two years of piloting this Inclusive Circular Economy Programme we know that it brings dignity and equal opportunity for people and planet to thrive, leaving no-one behind.
Our next steps are to upskill and mobilise a team of previously unemployed locals within these communities, who become Change Catalysts; transferring their learnt skills on to many more. A full circle of empowerment. For every one individual we employ, we can train 100 more. We call these catalysts; Eco ChangeMakers
Our Eco ChangeMakers are taught important skills on why and how to care for our environment, use repurposed plastic for building raised backyard food gardens and how to grow food, herbs and medicinal plants which they in turn teach within communities.
Vulnerable communities are hungry to learn. Going back to our roots by empowering families to feed themselves and be valuable contributors to the world we live in. True dignity comes from giving a hand up, rather than a hand out.
This Mandela Day, 18 July 2022, we commit to take action and inspire change to honour Madibas example.
CMH will upskill and mobilise a team of previously unemployed locals, who then will transfer their learnt skills on to many more in vulnerable communities. This translates to a full circle of empowerment. For every one individual we employ, we can train 100 Eco ChangeMakers
On this day that we remember our Madiba and his legacy, CMH will walk the talk by embarking on a journey where change is a full time job and every day can be a Mandela Day.
- Grow communities to be future sustainable.
- Mobilise innovative and smart solutions to address hunger and climate action in vulnerable communities.
- Create jobs that in turn create social and economic growth by ensuring inclusivity in the circular economy formula.
- Scale impact with a blueprint for change we can share with many other small and struggling towns.
Join us on our Journey for change Please help us create jobs that in turn create social and economic growth. We have identified 4 amazing individuals that are unemployed and excited to join our Circular Economy Impact Accelerator.
“I alone cannot change the world, but I can cast a stone across the water to create many ripples” -Mother Teresa.
Legacy is grown by leaving a lasting positive contribution to people and planet, that creates a ripple effect of real impact.
Many small ripples can turn the tide.
Start a Ripple – Grow a Legacy – how you can participate:
- Donate towards a Job For Change to address climate action and hunger – For a Day– For a Week – For a Month
If you cannot fund a once off or monthly donation; “do what you can with what you have”
- Start making your own Ecobricks to donate to us to make our food gardens out of
- Create a seed bank or donate seedlings of food, herbs and medicinal plants for our backyard garden recipients
- Be a voice for change and share our fundraiser with people who want to help solve hunger and contribute to climate action
- General Donate https://www.changemakershub.org/online-donation/
- Specific contributions Donate towards a Job For Change to address climate action and hunger – For a Day– For a Week – For a Month
- Once off Payfast or Paypal: https://www.changemakershub.org/donation-form/
- Paypal monthly: https://www.changemakershub.org/donation-paypal/
- Monthly Debit: https://www.changemakershub.org/CMH-Debit%20Authority%20Form.pdf
- Direct EFT: Account Name: ChangeMakersHub
Bank: FNB, Tableview
Account Number: 62769924707